This topping will go with many neutral vegan waffle recipes. It has a bit of a kick from the ginger. It’s a topping I recently started making in bulk to put on my oatmeal, and I’ll also be making a batch for our waffle party.
Accompany with non-dairy vanilla ice cream, dried cranberries, and walnuts, if you like.
I snapped the photo without the tripod, while pouring the syrup, so it’s not super-artsy. Cool purple-pink plastic plate, though! And I didn’t get any syrup on the camera.
Kicky Waffle Syrup
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses (preferably blackstrap)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or mace
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until the spices are dissolved and syrup is desired warmth.
- Pour generously over your favorite waffle.