Are you planning on hosting a waffle party, or thinking about doing so? Congratulations!
This page includes a number of resources and tools. Some are for hosting waffle parties in general, and some are specifically for vegan waffle parties.
Included are printable waffle party dish labels, educational literature on veganism, media and press release templates, logos, a potential event funding resource, and links to posts with additional waffle party ideas and tips.
Waffle Party Dish Labels
At any food party, dietary needs can be diverse. When it’s potluck style, trying to track down who made a specific topping or dish can be tricky.
These printable vegan waffle party dish labels include blanks for guest name, topping name, and common allergens. They will make things easier for you and your guests.
If you’re throwing a vegan waffle party, you may wish to place out some educational literature for guests who choose to know more. Here are a few resources to get you started; we’ll likely be adding more in the future. More links are on the bottom half of the Veganism FAQs page.
Flyers about Dylan, a cow rescued from the dairy and meat industries, and Global Vegan Waffle Party IV “SpokesCow”
Vegan Outreach: A range of pamphlets and brochures on veganism
Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM): Literature on linkages between health and vegan living
PETA: Literature on vegetarian and vegan issues
Farm Sanctuary: Factory Farming, Vegetarian/Vegan, and other topics
Diary-free product lists from GoDairyFree.org
Eggless baking info sheet from The Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale
Media & Press Releases
This is information that you can use to promote your waffle party or event, as well as any specific causes or organizations that may be linked to your event.
The first item is a template where you can fill in info on your local event. It also describes the national event context. You can paste in the current year’s logo, also found on this page, if you wish.
Following are examples of informational pages and stories on local events, created and catalyzed by local hosts. If you’re a past party host and have an example I’ve left out, please contact me so I can include it.
- Washington, DC Fundraiser for the Gulf event info page
- Miami, FL, Sweat Records coverage of 2010 Global Vegan Waffle Party event and now-regular vegan waffle events through the Miami Herald,Miami Hurricane, and Miami New Times.
- Fort Wayne, IN, informational page and local news coverage
- Pontiac, MI, informational page and charity fundraising info
- Ithaca, NY, Waffle Frolic informational sheet
- Perth, Western Australia, Cruelty Free Western Australia informational page
Logos for Banners & Posters
If you’re creative, please have fun and design your own promotional materials. We welcome you to show them off on the Vegan Waffles Facebook page. We’ve posted a few samples, and you might even check out some of the designs at the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale (another great event to participate in) for inspiration. But in case you’re limited on time, we’ve designed a few versions of logos for you. You’re welcome to incorporate any of them into your own designs.
Global Vegan Waffle Party logo, 300×229, 72 dpi
Global Vegan Waffle Party logo, 600×458, 72 dpi
Waffle globe with transparent background, 600×591, 300 dpi
Thumbnail not transparent, but full size is. Right-click and “open in new tab” to zoom to full size before saving. Thanks to Vance Lehmkuhl for this original element that has since seen many backgrounds.
VegFund provides resources for certain types of events that introduce people to vegan food. Explore VegFund’s food event grant programs to see if your idea qualifies.
More Waffle Party Ideas & Tips
The posts below include pointers for hosting waffle parties, gleaned from years of experience. Also, the archive of Waffle Party Highlights will give you a range of ideas. If you check that out, enjoy the photos and lists of toppings!
- How to Host a Successful Waffle Party: Determine Your Party Type
- Snuggling & Vegan Food: A Recipe for a Delicious Party
- How to Throw a Waffle Party: Ideas for Any Budget or Space
- Gluten-Free Vegan Waffle Brunch: An Easy Way to Warm Up a Winter Sunday
- Vegan Waffle Recipes: Ideas for Restaurant Owners, Chefs, & Entrepreneurs
- VegNews Vegan Chocolate & Vegan Cheese Guides
- How to Throw a Successful Vegan Waffle Party: Hosts Share Their Wisdom
- Tips for Throwing Large Waffle Parties
- Hosting a Vegan Waffle Party if You Don’t Own a Waffle Maker
- Consider Independence for All Life: Throw a 4th of July Vegan Waffle Party