Peanut Butter Carob Fudge Spread
This thick, dark, tongue-tantalizing topping for vegan waffles recipe blends well with fresh banana slices. Adding strawberries would also make quite a tasty treat! Makes 2/3 cup, enough to place a few rich tablespoons atop four Belgian vegan waffles.
- 1/4 cup toasted carob powder
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients except vanilla in a small saucepan. Stir constantly over low to medium heat until margarine is fully melted and all clumps are totally or mostly gone. Use a whisk if necessary.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm over your favorite vegan waffles and fruit.