This deliciously dark, warm, slightly tart vegan waffle topping recipe was inspired by a few toppings brought to past waffle parties.
Blueberry Spice Syrup for Vegan Waffles Recipe
In this dark, sweet, slightly tart vegan waffle syrup, blueberries play alongside subtle spices. Drizzle atop your favorite vegan waffles. Makes about 1 3/4 cups, enough for 4 to 6 round (7-inch) Belgian waffles.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon molasses (preferably blackstrap)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until margarine is melted and blueberries are heated through. Or, heat in microwave until same result is achieved, removing every 45 seconds or so to stir and check the temperature.
- Spoon onto your favorite vegan waffles and enjoy!