Coconut Ecstasy Spread
This recipe is a last-minute concoction for this year's Pittsburgh Global Vegan Waffle Party. I wanted to share in case you needed any more ideas for your own event. Enjoy! Makes 1 cup.
- 1/2 cup coconut manna or coconut butter (at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Soften the coconut manna by placing the jar in a bowl of hot or warm water if necessary, to make it stirrable. Soften the margarine in the microwave if necessary, just until it's stirrable.
Mix the coconut manna, margarine, and agave nectar in a small bowl until well blended. Fold in all but a tablespoon of the chocolate chips, and all but a tablespoon of cranberries. Stir until evenly distributed. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and cranberries on top.
Spread onto your favorite waffle, or just eat huge globs off of a spoon when nobody's looking.