I love to combine ginger with many things, peanut butter being just one of them. And of course, maple syrup deserves to be invited to any party. One of the wonderful things about food–especially waffles–is that you get to blend things that you enjoy.
Warm Peanut Ginger Agave or Maple Sauce
This waffle topping recipe blends sweetness with two types of gentle warmth: temperature and a bit of spice. If you live somewhere with cold winters as we do, this can be especially welcome!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter may be smooth or crunchy
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring constantly. Continue 1 to 3 minutes, or until peanut butter is melted and mixture is well-blended and thoroughly heated. Spoon over your favorite vegan waffle, and do a little dance around the table.
- To add even more flavor and texture, top with sliced fresh banana or thinly-sliced fresh apple.
Variation: Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
1 thought on “Warm Peanut Ginger Agave or Maple Sauce”
Yes! This sounds amazing. I always slather plain waffles with PB, but I love that this turns it into an all-in-one syrup.