WaffleParty.com shares an abundance of mouthwatering vegan waffle recipes, waffle topping recipes, expert vegan waffle baking tips, and tips for hosting events. The world’s longest-running waffle party is a celebration of conscious and connective eating.
You are warmly invited to join us.
We strive to create a friendlier, healthier, more connected, and more sustainable world while having delicious fun. We do this by:
- offering vegan waffle recipes and topping recipes for anyone who wishes to try a vegan waffle for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, snack, or special occasion
- catalyzing vegan waffle party events as fun and non-threatening ways to celebrate and generate broader awareness, and to decrease prejudice on several levels
- sharing supportive resources (party-throwing tips and host resources) for others who wish to host gatherings
We continue this tradition for several reasons. Credit for spreading the word goes to other individuals and organizations who have also hosted events. I continue to have fun with annual home parties, and I really love hearing about others’ events!
Check out some of the groovy highlights and photos from past gatherings.
How This Site Came to Be
The author, Dave, has been hosting and co-hosting waffle parties annually since 1998. It all started in a small apartment in Baltimore, Maryland, with his good friend and former partner, Jen. The hosts provided freshly baked waffles and several toppings, and guests brought an array of additional toppings.
Most of the recipes on this site are vegan. Following a stint in public health work and his father’s having multiple bypass heart surgery, Dave became more aware of the connections between eating and various health, environmental, and social issues.
The parties eventually became vegan; and following the establishment of WaffleParty.com, hosts in other cities also began to throw events. Thanks to their dedication and participation, The Global Vegan Waffle Party was born. Observing a need for many more dairy-free, egg-free recipes, Dave also created The Global Vegan Waffle Cookbook. It includes many of the delicious treats on this site.
About the Author
Dave uses the term “mostly plant based” to describe himself. He believes that if we significantly reduced our collective animal product consumption, it would have many positive impacts. He currently resides in Portland, OR, and would be very excited to hear if you’re hosting a waffle party, too.
Dave manages a strategic life consulting practice for individuals who wish to gain more clarity and direction. He composes music, has facilitated workshops at Vegetarian Summerfest, and is an award-winning author of several books geared toward creating a better world:
- Naked Idealism (a self-empowerment book for socially and ecologically conscious people)
- The Global Vegan Waffle Cookbook
- The Vegan Chocolate Seduction Cookbook
- The Snuggle Party Guidebook
- More Than a Sidewalk to Sleep On: A Wealth of Inspiring Gratitudes from Homeless & Low-Income Americans
- an intimacy self-help book authored under a pen name
Favorite Vegan Waffle Recipes
It’s hard to name just one, but here are a few of Dave’s faves:
- 48-Hour Yeasted Waffles
- Naked Gluten-Free Vegan Waffles
- Dark Chocolate Ginger Mousse Waffle Topping
- Teffinitely Banana-Teff Gluten Free Vegan Waffles
- Umami Mama Vegan Waffles
Resources for Baking Vegan Waffles
Check out these posts for a few tips and tricks available on this site:
- How to Keep Vegan Waffles from Sticking
- Making Vegan Waffles: General Cooking Tips
- Best Waffle Makers for Baking Vegan Waffles
- Vegan Liege Waffles: Background & Important Tips
Resources for Hosting Waffle Parties
- What is a Vegan Waffle Party?
- How to Throw a Waffle Party: Ideas for Any Budget or Space
- How to Host a Successful Waffle Party: Determine Your Party Type
- Waffle Party Signup Form
Please get in touch if you have questions or suggestions.