Coconut Ecstasy Vegan Waffle Spread
This recipe is a last-minute concoction for this year's Pittsburgh Global Vegan Waffle Party. I wanted to share in case you needed any more ideas for your own event. Enjoy! Makes 1 cup.
Author: Dave W.
- ½ cup coconut manna or coconut butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- Soften the coconut manna by placing the jar in a bowl of hot or warm water if necessary, to make it stirrable. Soften the margarine in the microwave if necessary, just until it's stirrable.
- Mix the coconut manna, margarine, and agave nectar in a small bowl until well blended. Fold in all but a tablespoon of the chocolate chips, and all but a tablespoon of cranberries. Stir until evenly distributed. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and cranberries on top.
- Spread onto your favorite waffle, or just eat huge globs off of a spoon when nobody's looking.