Following an earlier peanut butter based waffle topping recipe, I decided to play with peanut butter a bit more for our waffle party this year. Because a few guests requested this recipe, I decided it was worth posting. I didn’t measure the exact yield, but it’s somewhere in the range of 1 1/2 to 2 cups–plenty for 4-6 generously topped vegan waffles.
- 6 ounces firm silken tofu, crumbled
- ¾ cup vegan confectioner’s sugar
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup vegan margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon molasses (I use blackstrap)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir with a spoon until the confectioner’s sugar is moistened. (Otherwise the sugar may create a powdery cloud when you first start up the mixer.)
- Beat at medium to high speed with a powered hand mixer for 3 to 5 minutes, or until smooth and fluffy.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving.