So you’ve heard all the investment experts providing a range of opinions regarding the economy lately. For months there has been talk of an economic meltdown in the U.S., and the markets in other countries have been impacted as well. The real estate market is lagging, a major bank is laying of thousands of people, and Presidential candidates are outlining their ideas in heated debates. Everyone seems to have a different idea as to how to deal with these turbulent times. What does one do?
Get out the waffle iron (or buy one if you don’t already have one), pick your favorite vegan waffle recipe, mix up some batter, and have a few friends over for tasty vegan waffles.
For several reasons, vegan waffle parties are a great activity for economic recessions:
- Waffle ingredients are relatively inexpensive compared to many other foods–but they’re still nutritious and packed with energy! So they fit right into a thrifty recession budget.
- Waffles are great comfort food–soothing the stomach during turbulent economic times.
- Having people over is cheaper than going out to eat in general–again a good fit for the thrifty recession budget.
- By promoting vegan food, you’re helping the global economy over the long term.
- Waffle irons have a relatively certain return on investment (ROI), unlike many financial investments. You might occasionally buy a “dud” iron, but there aren’t many things to break on a waffle iron. In most cases, you’ll get dozens upon dozens of tasty waffles over the iron’s lifetime.
So regardless of what happens to the Dow Jones, the NASDAQ, and so on, enjoy your waffles!