Here are several valuable waffle party ideas I’ve learned over the years, hosting the longest-running annual party, and hearing from others who have thrown amazing events. These tips on how to make your own waffle party will help you to have a great time, even if you want it to be easy and inexpensive. I love hearing about how much fun others have hosting their own events! Continue reading
What could be better than a gathering with delicious vegan food, wonderful people, and deeply engaging conversation? The same party with some snuggling! (Spoiler alert: new book and giveaway announced below.)
When I moved to Portland, I discovered a community of long-established snugglers. While their practices initially seemed a bit odd to me, they ended up being a wonderful support during a challenging period of my life. I’ve now included optional snuggles in two of the annual vegan waffle parties I’ve co-hosted.
If you’re looking to create positive change with your events, there are several excellent reasons to include snuggling at your next vegan waffle party–or other food party, for that matter: Continue reading
Without Cornelius Swartwout, all the delicious vegan waffle recipes at waffleparty.com might not exist. On this day in 1869 he applied for the first U.S. waffle maker patent. So thanks, Cornelius, for your forward-thinking, off-the-grid creativity that has made countless vegan waffles possible. If you live in the U.S., happy National Waffle Day!
This deliciously dark, warm, slightly tart vegan waffle topping recipe was inspired by a few toppings brought to past waffle parties.
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon molasses (preferably blackstrap)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until margarine is melted and blueberries are heated through. Or, heat in microwave until same result is achieved, removing every 45 seconds or so to stir and check the temperature.
- Spoon onto your favorite vegan waffles and enjoy!